The 2023 challenge quilt theme has been chosen - Illusion Quilts. Entries for the challenge must reflect an illusion, examples include:
- A 3D effect created by the use of color, value, or shape (e.g., tumbling blocks)
- Transparency - use of color and value to create the illusion that one fabric is showing through another fabric overlapping it.
- Piecing that gives the impression of movement, hidden images, flashing, and vibration, patterns, or alternatively, of swelling of warping.
- An optical illusion (e.g., and Escher drawing).
Your challenge quilt can be any shape, any fabric, any embellishment is allowed, but all entries must reflect the theme of illusion. There is no minimum size, but the maximum circumference is 180 inches. All quilts must be three layers (held together by quilting or tying) and have finished edges.
Delivery and Voting:
All the challenge quilts must be delivered by March 1st to one of the following stores:
- Discount Vac & Sew, Kennewick
- Fabric 108, Kennewick
- Janean's BERNINA, Pasco
- Quiltmania, Richland
You may also drop off your challenge quilts at the February membership meetings.
Be sure to put your name, quilt title, and contact information on each quilt. The quilts will be hung at the March AM/PM membership meetings where members will vote on their favorites. The quilts will then be hung in a group at the March quilt show where the winners will be revealed.