The 2023 challenge quilt theme has been chosen - Illusion Quilts. Entries for the challenge must reflect an illusion, examples include:
- A 3D effect created by the use of color, value, or shape (e.g., tumbling blocks)
- Transparency - use of color and value to create the illusion that one fabric is showing through another fabric overlapping it.
- Piecing that gives the impression of movement, hidden images, flashing, and vibration, patterns, or alternatively, of swelling of warping.
- An optical illusion (e.g., and Escher drawing).
Your challenge quilt can be any shape, any fabric, any embellishment is allowed, but all entries must reflect the theme of illusion. There is no minimum size, but the maximum circumference is 180 inches. All quilts must be three layers (held together by quilting or tying) and have finished edges.
Registration and Delivery:
Register your quilt online and select the TCQG Challenge Quilt category (note the registration number). Be sure to put your name, phone number, quilt title, and registration number on the back of your quilt.
Challenge quilts can be delivered between March 6th and March 11th to one of the following stores:
- Discount Vac & Sew, Kennewick
- Fabric 108, Kennewick
- Janean's BERNINA, Pasco
- Quiltmania, Richland
OR, you may drop off your challenge quilts to Linda Weir at the February membership meetings.
The quilts will be hung at the March AM/PM membership meetings where members will vote on their favorites. The quilts will then be hung in a group at the March quilt show where the winners will be revealed.