TCQG’s Community Service team expedites the creation and delivery of comfort quilts to Board-approved local agencies. Traditionally, the number of quilts given by the Guild to local human service agencies is roughly equal to the number of our members. However, this does not mean that each member is expected to donate a completed quilt.
There are many ways to contribute independently:
- Donating cotton quilting fabrics
- Donating quilt tops*
- Donating finished quilts*
- Piecing quilt tops from Guild kits (available at meetings)
- Quilting sandwiches from Guild bundles (available at meetings)
- Binding quilts
There are also ways to team with other members or friends:
- Propose that their friendship group collaborate on a comfort quilt.
- Join Habitat Helpers to make house dedication gifts for parents and children.
- Join Backer Babes to piece backs for donated tops.
- Join the Community Service Team to help keep the assembly line rolling – maintaining the Community Closet fabric storage, maintaining a file of patterns, creating kits for piecing and quilting, labeling and donations, and tracking the process.
*Donations of tops and quilts should be identified with a Tracking Tag; download, print, and attach it to your completed top or quilt.