Quilt artist Colleen Blackwood is a beloved, in-demand quilting instructor in the Pacific Northwest, with a strong presence at the Sisters' Outdoor Quilt Show. Selected as National Featured Artist for the TCQG 2019 Quilt Show, Colleen will join Guild members for a hands-on workshop to be held September 7-8, 2018.
Colleen's 2 + Two Scrappy Lone Star Quilt is designed to use jelly rolls (precut 2 1/2" strips) to create a unique and wonderful quilt. Over two days, you'll turn 2 jelly rolls and 2 yards of coordinating fabric into a unique scrappy Lone Star quilt. Finished quilt size is 78"x78"
During this workshop, you'll:
- Explore principles of fabric selection based on your chosen jelly rolls
- Learn to cut diamond shapes from strip sets, using a basic ruler and rotary cutter
- Sew a Lone Star pattern from diamond shapes to create your quilt top
- Two jelly rolls of your favorite fabrics (80 strips total; two strips each of 40 different fabrics. If the strip set has doubles of each color, select two different sets.)
- Two yards of coordinating fabric for the background; includes enough for the binding.
To Be Announced